• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why is Oakley's Website So Crappy?!?

discodave

Go Navy!
Every time I try looking for something on Oakley's website I'm baffled at how crappy and inconsistent it is.

Example.... I was looking for Flak Jacket 2.0 replacement lenses and couldn't find them anywhere. I looked at ALL lenses under "Replacement Lenses" and nothing. Did a search for just "Flak" and nothing. Let's just say that I tried every search combination you could imagine and still nothing. Then I clicked under the "new releases" tab and found them buried in there somewhere. So I added them to my cart and tried to buy them. Then the server is down so I waited. When I went back in my cart was empty and I had to search for them again and haven't been able to find them since.

Seriously, if you are looking for replacement lenses shouldn't they be found under "replacement lenses" and not some other tab that you wouldn't think to look under?

Another example. The Ferrari Carbon blade isn't listed under the Ferrari Collection tab. If you search for "Carbon Blade" then you'll find it with the rest of the Carbon Blades.

Makes no sense. You'd think a company like OAKLEY could figure out how to make a friggin BASIC website work.

I often hit the Oakley page to check for Juliet Lenses. Yesterday when I searched ruby lenses showed up. I was like sweet I will pick up some sets. I click on them and they come up out of stock. Why the heck would they post them up if they don't have them in stock. That was a cruel April Fools joke.

Just checked their site again, and now the 2.0 lenses are showing up under "Shop Performance Eyewear", but not if you do an actual search. They really do need to fix their website. It's been messed up ever since they redesigned it.

I dont know why they thought this version was better, its not, its horrible. I tell them every time I call in about it as well.

And what even makes less sense is that if you search under the "Replacement Lenses" tab they're not there. I'm sure this is true for other models as well.

Remember when the 24k XSquareds showed up mysteriously after years of discontinue? I was so sad.

Every time I try looking for something on Oakley's website I'm baffled at how crappy and inconsistent it is.

Example.... I was looking for Flak Jacket 2.0 replacement lenses and couldn't find them anywhere. I looked at ALL lenses under "Replacement Lenses" and nothing. Did a search for just "Flak" and nothing. Let's just say that I tried every search combination you could imagine and still nothing. Then I clicked under the "new releases" tab and found them buried in there somewhere. So I added them to my cart and tried to buy them. Then the server is down so I waited. When I went back in my cart was empty and I had to search for them again and haven't been able to find them since.

Seriously, if you are looking for replacement lenses shouldn't they be found under "replacement lenses" and not some other tab that you wouldn't think to look under?

Another example. The Ferrari Carbon blade isn't listed under the Ferrari Collection tab. If you search for "Carbon Blade" then you'll find it with the rest of the Carbon Blades.

Makes no sense. You'd think a company like OAKLEY could figure out how to make a friggin BASIC website work.
Disruptive by Design

Back