• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why lack of Fast Jacket options?

yanki01

Oakley Beginner
I know they quietly pushed them to custom only which has already happened. Why is it that a lot of older models, including the Flak Jackets (1.0) still get the new lenses? Including the newer Prizm lenses. There's a big lack of polarized lenses too for the Fast Jackets. No Fire, Ice Iridium, Jade, Deep Blue, +Red in polarized??

Also, online it shows 2 BIP and 2 OO Red Iridium as options? I don't believe anyone would ever know the real answer with having no reason to explain, but there's speculation?

I got my Fast Jackets in February and really like them coming from Flak Jackets and TwoFace (which were stolen). these are my everyday frames along with golf using G30 lenses. I got bored with BIP and love the OO Red Iridium Polarized.

do you think we'll ever see any more options?

/rant

thanks.

...online it shows 2 BIP and 2 OO Red Iridium as options? I don't believe anyone would ever know the real answer with having no reason to explain, but there's speculation?
I was just about to start a thread asking about the 2 different SKU listed for these. Does anyone know the difference between them?

Regular and XL
Yes, no, maybe.

For Possitive Red XL lists 43-466 and 41-899. Regular lists 43-445 and 41-899. So SKU 41-899 is listed under both.

For OO Red Polarized XL lists 43-464 and 41-900. Regular lists 43-443.

For BIP XL lists 43-453 and 41-896. Regular lists 43-432.

Quite confusing I think I'll be calling to place this order.

Fast Jacket was always the bastard child in the Switchlock line. I like them, but they never really sold well.

Yes, no, maybe.

For Possitive Red XL lists 43-466 and 41-899. Regular lists 43-445 and 41-899. So SKU 41-899 is listed under both.

For OO Red Polarized XL lists 43-464 and 41-900. Regular lists 43-443.

For BIP XL lists 43-453 and 41-896. Regular lists 43-432.

Quite confusing I think I'll be calling to place this order.
One is for old stock lenses which came with the hydrophobic coating still applied from the factory, the other is the newer batch which does not. The lower ending numbers should be the ones with coating applied, but I would call to verify.

One is for old stock lenses which came with the hydrophobic coating still applied from the factory, the other is the newer batch which does not. The lower ending numbers should be the ones with coating applied, but I would call to verify.
Awesome that's what I wanted to hear!

Latest Posts

Back