• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

From the UK, it's really no more difficult to ship outside the country than inside. My last batch had 1 to the UK, 1 to Sweden and 2 to the US. Need new printer cartridges so I don't print labels myself, so it's a trip to the Post Office any which way.

There seems a lot of presumption that those things that are an onus on the buyer (higher shipping, longer time etc) will be unpalatable but this is by no means always the case.

I've often bought stuff from German eBay that was marked Germany only by sending a friendly email (in German, it helps) asking if it was really out of the question to ship here.

I've bought stuff from Japan that has been here two days later.

I think a lot of the barriers are psychological rather than real impediments to a successful trade...

Yeah there was a pair listed in the UK as Europe shipping only; I PM'd the guy and we worked out a deal so he was willing to ship to me in the US. Really, his hesitation was he hadn't shipped internationally before and didn't know what all was involved.

So it never hurts to ask...

I'm from the UK. I have bought loads of things from the US and Europe over the years and never lost a item.

As for slow delivery, apart from the stupid eBay Global Shipping Programme which seems to go out of its way to circumnavigate the earth, delivery always seemed reasonable enough.

Assuming the buyer sucks up the additional cost I don't see a problem.

I'm from the UK. I have bought loads of things from the US and Europe over the years and never lost a item.

As for slow delivery, apart from the stupid eBay Global Shipping Programme which seems to go out of its way to circumnavigate the earth, delivery always seemed reasonable enough.

Assuming the buyer sucks up the additional cost I don't see a problem.
Avoid the Global Shipping Programme like the plague. It uses worst of breed in too many of the steps.

From the UK, it's really no more difficult to ship outside the country than inside. My last batch had 1 to the UK, 1 to Sweden and 2 to the US. Need new printer cartridges so I don't print labels myself, so it's a trip to the Post Office any which way.

There seems a lot of presumption that those things that are an onus on the buyer (higher shipping, longer time etc) will be unpalatable but this is by no means always the case.

I've often bought stuff from German eBay that was marked Germany only by sending a friendly email (in German, it helps) asking if it was really out of the question to ship here.

I've bought stuff from Japan that has been here two days later.

I think a lot of the barriers are psychological rather than real impediments to a successful trade...

1000% agree on that

"CONUS only" is one of the things that grind my gears.:mad: :D

I am in Hawaii, and like Alaska, we are not part of CONUS even though we are part of the USA and use the same postal service.
We have slightly higher shipping cost compared to CONUS -- $5.95 small flat-rate priority box, $12.65 medium flat-rate priority box, etc..
And sometimes take a day longer in delivery for the priority mail, maybe 2 days more with first class mail. 2-day express is guaranteed 2 days though.

Anyway, I am always willing in paying a little more for shipping,
so if the CONUS overlords can reconsider and make it "USA only" then it will be greatly appreciated :wink:

I am in Hawaii, and like Alaska, we are not part of CONUS even though we are part of the USA and use the same postal service.
We have slightly higher shipping cost compared to CONUS -- $5.95 small flat-rate priority box, $12.65 medium flat-rate priority box, etc..
And sometimes take a day longer in delivery for the priority mail, maybe 2 days more with first class mail. 2-day express is guaranteed 2 days though.

so if the CONUS overlords can reconsider and make it "USA only" then it will be greatly appreciated :wink:
Hey buddy .....the "grinds my gears" thread is over there-------->

:rofl:

Good point - I just purchased a pair that shipped from Hawaii, shipped Thursday and arrived Monday USPS no problem...

While another pair, located CONUS, that I won on the 'bay didn't even ship out until a full week later... :(

Back