• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

Shipping costs fall on buyer that's straight forward enough if a buyer wants to haggle over shipping costs put him/them in touch with with shipping agent !.
It is a pain to some whenever its only Conus and recently I've helped a lot out by allowing the use of an address i have in the U.S. although sometime i do worry about the reprecussions of an item going missing as the arrangement i have is these items are shipped to my sister then she forwards to me and forward on to respective owners and as item are sent to me as gifts no custom charges . But i can understand the frustration of others when trying to buy something in the U.S. .

Yeah there was a pair listed in the UK as Europe shipping only; I PM'd the guy and we worked out a deal so he was willing to ship to me in the US. Really, his hesitation was he hadn't shipped internationally before and didn't know what all was involved.

So it never hurts to ask...

If you ever need assistance i'm willing to help as i live on the island of Ireland but it's a UK address

I shipped an item overseas and had no problems. Also shipped a couple times to Canada without issue. However, since most of my stuff is relatively low dollar (non-XMetal), it's not worth the extra time and hassle to send elsewhere, so I almost always do CONUS. If someone asked though, and had a solid history, I'd consider sending overseas, though with buyer paying all additional shipping costs and perhaps a couple extra bucks.

I've made over 50 sales on the Exchange and every one so far was international to over 10 countries, mainly the U.S. of course. So far no losses - touch wood. The riskiest was a copper penny to a collector in Brazil but even that worked out just fine.

His gratitude for my agreeing to sell was equal to the other 49 customers combined :)

Is it really that for lack of a better word "hard" to ship to Brazil i know it's almost a joke on this forum but how often do items go missing?

Oh trust me this was a risk. The buyer told me he accepted the 50/50 risk of theft or loss. I asked him to state that in writing and that there would be no claim to me in the event of a loss.

His comment after I sent the tracking info was

It's in God's hands now.

And

I'm a lucky man.

He was!

Curious to know why "extra couple of bucks" if buyer is paying any and all charges incurred with having international shipping why the extra 'tax' ?
So there's a surcharge for inconveniencing Americans by buying from them!?

Last edited:
Oh trust me this was a risk. The buyer told me he accepted the 50/50 risk of theft or loss. I asked him to state that in writing and that there would be no claim to me in the event of a loss.

His comment after I sent the tracking info was

It's in God's hands now.

And

I'm a lucky man.

He was!

His comment would cause me to be suspicious straight away

Back