• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

Noak

I should Work at Oakley
Singapore
There have been many a times when I browsed through the Oakley Exchange where my heart goes through a roller coaster ride. Here's how it went ....

Selling a pair of XX x-metal with BIP ...... Me: :)

.... CONUS only Me: :(

On a few occasions, I did PM a few sellers, only to be reaffirmed of the CONUS only conditon. Looking back at the 5 deals I'd made recently, 4 were non-CONUS.

Left me wondering why many of the sellers prefer CONUS only...I didn't think it would be due to shipping fees since buyer bears the cost, right? Some enlightenment would help. Thanks!

I would think it's the easiest and most convenient with package tracking....just my thoughts... I don't ship anything but that would be what I think the issue is. Packages get there quicker and don't get "lost" as much.

There have been many a times when I browsed through the Oakley Exchange where my heart goes through a roller coaster ride. Here's how it went ....

Selling a pair of XX x-metal with BIP ...... Me: :)

.... CONUS only Me: :(

On a few occasions, I did PM a few sellers, only to be reaffirmed of the CONUS only conditon. Looking back at the 5 deals I'd made recently, 4 were non-CONUS.

Left me wondering why many of the sellers prefer CONUS only...I didn't think it would be due to shipping fees since buyer bears the cost, right? Some enlightenment would help. Thanks!
USA is a huge market and many guys want to work locally in the fear of being scammed or whatever (something which has no meaning to me since u can be scammed everywhere).Anyways everyone has the right to believe and act as he likes in open and free trade terms.Unfortunately most of the UK guys and ebay listings are also UK only which is very hard to understand since they can dispatch at least in other EU countries

I'd think the grey space is just a bit unpleasant, even if you find shipping to typically be reliable. Doesn't help that there's been a sour transaction or two here. Buyer seemed confident in framing the terms of sale and shipping, it supposedly got to them in horribad condition, and the seller became the target.

There's also a sale I recall where the item got lost. That wasn't so sour necessarily iirc, but it was a rare pair and now no one can have it. I forgot if the seller even refunded the buyer out of courtesy.

Basically if it can go ugly, it can be pretty ugly with a net loss.

The thing is a lot of international transactions Noone wants to pay for the extra shipping cost. Also you have to go and stay in line and someone has to assist. No slapping a self service postage on it and dropping it off

@Ventruck Curiously, wouldn't these issues occur for both shipments within and outside of CONUS? Are there additional protections for buyers/sellers trading within CONUS that isn't available to trades outside of CONUS?

I think it's usually out of convenience / lack of hassle. Aside from the aforementioned increased risk in the longer shipping, shipping costs within the US are pretty known and fixed, while international shipping costs can vary widely.

And as Hog just posted as I was writing this, people haggle over the extra shipping cost... ;)

I'd think the grey space is just a bit unpleasant, even if you find shipping to typically be reliable. Doesn't help that there's been a sour transaction or two here. Buyer seemed confident in framing the terms of sale and shipping, it supposedly got to them in horribad condition, and the seller became the target.

There's also a sale I recall where the item got lost. That wasn't so sour necessarily iirc, but it was a rare pair and now no one can have it. I forgot if the seller even refunded the buyer out of courtesy.

Basically if it can go ugly, it can be pretty ugly with a net loss.
Remember when @mercbezerk was supposed to get one of the one off holiday pairs? It never showed up until MONTHS later? But what if it never showed up? It was a pair that can't be replaced.

Took 4 months to get to it's owner.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/mercbezerks-o-collection.16597/page-62#post-500251

Back