• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Love For Blacklights?

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Hey guys! I have only owned one pair of Frogs in my life, and that just happened to be my first pair of Oakleys also, back in high school. I've lurked in the Frog's discussion threads here and there, but for the most part have stayed away because I can tell that it would only worsen my addiction in general, lol.

Anyway, after a quick search and not really finding anything, I just wanted to ask...Why is there no love for the Blacklight series? Recently, I found myself growing to like this series...I guess because I like the transparent matte finishes and the bright colors. These frames remind me of when I was younger, my cousins had these psychedelic paintings (on a felt/velvet like canvas) and I remembered them using blacklights to illuminate them in their room...trippy thing to see when your 8-9 yrs. old. Idk, I think it's kind of cool to bring some nostalgia back with blacklights.

I was just curious to see what others have to say, why they don't or do like them...

I have to say the only ones i have are the blacks as their the only ones id wear not my loves for the other colours from me

I love the blacklights. Especially the pink/yellow worn 24k. I have the whole collection but mostly wear the aforementioned pair. I agree with you on the matte clear crazy color. I love it!!

There we go! Thanks for the replies guys! I was contemplating picking these up since values are somewhat affordable, but wanted to see if I was missing something due to their lack of popularity. Glad to hear that there are others fond of the transparent/translucent matte colors!

I think it's just a lack of love for the newer Frogskin lines in general, and I guess Blacklights were one of the first to be kind of a 'sellout' line?

But I personally think they look nice, I have two pairs (y)

I think it's just a lack of love for the newer Frogskin lines in general, and I guess Blacklights were one of the first to be kind of a 'sellout' line?

But I personally think they look nice, I have two pairs (y)

Ahhhh, I see. Kind of a combo of bad timing and lack of creativity on Oakley's part.

Back