• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Love For Blacklights?

I appreciate the Blacklight series very much and as a result purchased all six pairs from 24-284 - 24-289, the radiance and choice of colours suit the Frogskin model and although there is a comparison to the Acid set in these respects the tandem and matte selection creates a significant difference, also the Blacklights come with six different lenses, so in this regard there is plenty of variety, plus the complementary microbags are a unique feature to this range. I have yet to score any of the recent Polarized Blacklight set though, (24-351 to 24-354) but with these I would have preferred to see a new range of colours.

That's exactly what I had in mind...to cop the entire series and swap each pair to make single colored frames. The only frame I wouldn't be able to make is an all green, I think...there aren't any green earstems. Just imagining the look of these in all the same colors, SWEET!

Yeah, kinda like Oakley forcing people to buy the entire set so they can match frame to legs of same color.
But I do agree with you that same color frame and legs look better.

Be careful with prescriptions in Frogskins. I have prescription (sunglass) lesnses in my Rootbeer/Cyan fades, and the thickness of the lenses caused the frames to bend *much* more than the normal lenses, so much that wearing them gave me a headache. (I have a big-ish head, but normal Frogskins fit me great. One of the reasons I like them so much!) I had to have the optometrist heat up the frames and bend them out so that I could wear them, but he was worried that he might snap them because they're so light.

(FYI I have a very low prescription, it's not like I have coke-bottle lenses because I'm almost blind or something.)

Thanks dude i'll keep this in mind i have a buddy that wants to do the same so will pass the info on!

Another Blacklight lover here. Definitely better with color coordinated colors though. I still hate the fact that they never released green earstems though. Also was sort of annoye that not all of the colors actually glowed under blacklight.

If I had to choose, I still prefer the Acid series (as long as you do iridium lens swaps), but Blacklight is great too.

I just wished that they when they are going to release a series like the blacklights or aquatique, is that they keep it down to 3 different colors. IMO there's just too many haha. I still ended up buying 3 blacklights and probably will get 1 or 2 aquatiques.

Another Blacklight lover here. Definitely better with color coordinated colors though. I still hate the fact that they never released green earstems though. Also was sort of annoye that not all of the colors actually glowed under blacklight.

If I had to choose, I still prefer the Acid series (as long as you do iridium lens swaps), but Blacklight is great too.

I'm disappointed that they didn't make a frame combo with green stems also...that would've completed the idea I had in mind. I also wasn't aware that not all the frames actually glowed under backlight, that's another minus...not that I would've ever worn them in the dark, but just for the fact that its one of the selling points of that series.

Back