• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why no love for Titanium Juliet's

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I was doing some spring cleaning earlier this week and got lured in by a pair of TItanium/Gold Juliets.
I recalled that the pairs that I've seen recently have been complete w/ box and pretty cheap. Surprisingly cheap for what you really don't see that often.
I like this color way: nice frame color with root beer rubbers and gold iridium.
Why don't more collectors?

Being much into leather stuff( leather shoes, wallets, watch strap etc) I personally like this combo to match my daily leather wear. Then again it might not be popular for not being agressive in the color department,IMO.

Cheers

i personally like it. but i HATE the rootbeer rubbers' quality. they seem to get stickier much faster than the black rubbers. and this goes for romeos, juliets, anything rootbeer....

That's an interesting observation. I didn't care for the rootbeer color either.

Im not really a brown base lens fan.
The frames are striking with ice or emerald, esp if you can see the identical plasma counterpart side by side. imo

I picked up a pair on Ebay not advertised as Titanium/Gold. Was very happy to get them. I think they are one of my favorites, maybe just because they are different.

I really just don't see Ti available that often, and on ebay I can't trust descriptions...

I got a pair of 1st gen Ti Juliets by accident, advertised as plasma. It took a while and some forum help to figure out what they really were... BriP was a big proponent of the raw look of 1st gen Ti and after some break-in I'd have to agree, they rock...

I've been hesitant to get other Ti's basically because of familiarity - the more common finishes I know very well and what to expect, don't know what I'd get hands-on with later-gen Ti...

That was my first x-metal, I bought them in 98, wore them for 13 years, then they were sent to Oakley to get fixed, Oakley sent back my lenses in a brand new pair of plasma frames, I was devastated, I love the titanium with Gold iridium.

That was my first x-metal, I bought them in 98, wore them for 13 years, then they were sent to Oakley to get fixed, Oakley sent back my lenses in a brand new pair of plasma frames, I was devastated, I love the titanium with Gold iridium.

That sucks.

i have 1st and 2nd gen,love em both very subdued cool look

then they were sent to Oakley to get fixed, Oakley sent back my lenses in a brand new pair of plasma frames, I was devastated, I love the titanium with Gold iridium.
I wonder where those wound up? Swininc?
i have 1st and 2nd gen,love em both very subdued cool look
Exactly! Very subdued but more interesting the more you look.

Latest Posts

Back