• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why no more love for the Frog??

I'm pretty sure it was because of the Blues Brothers film.. That went global and not long after Frogs appeared.

In the eighties they were the cheapest Oakley available - £40 would get you a pair so it was the cheapest way to get true Oakley Optics

I'm pretty sure it was because of the Blues Brothers film.. That went global and not long after Frogs appeared.

In the eighties they were the cheapest Oakley available - £40 would get you a pair so it was the cheapest way to get true Oakley Optics

If I remember correctly, the Blues Brothers was out in 82 so preceding the initial Frogs by two years. Correction. 1980.

Yeah - but in the UK it wasn't out until later. And then about 1 year after it was released over here all the kids were wearing fake Wayfarer.

All a bit vague... We are talking over 30 years ago :)

Yeah - but in the UK it wasn't out until later. And then about 1 year after it was released over here all the kids were wearing fake Wayfarer.

All a bit vague... We are talking over 30 years ago :)

Don't forget those Frogskins bankrolled some of the more original and exciting frames you like more for quite some time.
I'm quite sure of that and we can all appreciate the Frog frame as a pioneer...nothing wrong with that at all :)

But my opinion is specific to why I believe the Frog has lost its luster in 2015...

The design of the frame is tired...

But that's just my opinion - 200 people can agree with me just as 200 people can disagree with me...and that's perfectly acceptable :)

Back