• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Respect For X-squared Or Half X?

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Pretty sure there is a thread on here somewhere but I couldnt find it after looking but I have seen people bash both. As I have several pairs I was just curious. They fit me perfect whereas the juliets are too small for my face.

I think X Squared is well received in general but yeah the Half X, not so much, don't get me wrong I like mine and its a nice, comfortable pair but aesthetics wise it is very simple looking compared to its siblings and that's why most people don't think it's deserving of the X Metal name

The XS gets its share of respect these days but it was the baby bro of the XM family so I guess that was slow in coming. I shunned them initially too and came around.

In the long run the XS might even wind up being the most popular XM due to the user serviceability of the flex coupler.

The Half X? It lacks the x-shaped nose piece that is the calling card of the X Metals. It might as well be an FMJ of O-Matter.

I'm rocking my Ducati X-Squared today...

20130322_091018.jpg

I love my XSquares use them more then my Juliet's and the Half X is a decent pair but its more causal than Aggressive looking with makes An X metal stand out but the New X metals coming out look like the Half X to me

I think the XS is great. It has all the qualities of an X-Metal. Flex coupler, material used, intake hinge, orbital screws, etc.

The Half X pretty much only has the material used going for it in terms of whether or not it belongs to the family. For a half frame, the R2 does a better job of falling into the X-Metal family than the Half X.

The R2 gets a bad rap because of it's association with the name, Romeo. If the R2 were called the Half X it'd probably would've gotten far better press as the R2 is absolutely solid.

I just bought 2 pair. I have never put my hands on a pair of XS so this will be my first time. I bought them more for collecting than wearing. I prefer to wear my original Juliet's

As stated above, the departure from key original X-Metal characteristics makes for little respect for XS and .5X. In addition, they're recent models, so they don't have the same OG cred that Romeos and XX's have.

I would like to see the .5X take over the Jury segment. The titanium is a huge selling point and doesn't require the parts stock or service that X-Metals require.

In the past, the moment i tried on a Half X, i said: couldn't be bothered with this pair. Too small and lacks the Xmetal feel. Then one of my lady friend actuall wears one. It all changes my perspective. Half X looks quite pretty nice on her and bestow upon her an aura sense of adrenalin. I was mesmerized if you guys knows what i mean.

So in summary in my humble opinion, Half X is definitely for lady whom wishes to potrait her sporty side of oneself and definitely for guys with smaller skull structure. Not for me though, i am XX kinda guy.

I think the XS is great. It has all the qualities of an X-Metal. Flex coupler, material used, intake hinge, orbital screws, etc.

The Half X pretty much only has the material used going for it in terms of whether or not it belongs to the family. For a half frame, the R2 does a better job of falling into the X-Metal family than the Half X.

The R2 gets a bad rap because of it's association with the name, Romeo. If the R2 were called the Half X it'd probably would've gotten far better press as the R2 is absolutely solid.

+1.... XS for me are cool, one of my fav pairs... saw the half x and it failed to grab my attention. its the only xmetal i did not buy....

Back