• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Respect For X-squared Or Half X?

i've never taken interest in the half x, i never really thought why. i think the x squared is aggressive looking enough and fits great.

Is there an unspoken rule that the only frame that doesn't have the iconic flex coupler and still is a part of the X-Metal family is the R1? LOL

The R1 does meet the intake hinge, orbital screws and materials used criteria though.

X-Squared is the latest X-Metal so it doesn't have the same fan base as the others.

And the Romeo 2 is the bastard child of the lineup.

As most have mentioned here, the Half X did not follow enough X Metal design cues to really capture enough Metal hearts. It just didn't tick enough boxes, whereas the R2 did. Also, of course, the Half X suffered from being released in the Clumsy Hinge Era, which thankfully seems to have now passed.

The Romeo 2 suffered simply because of its name. The Romeo 1 being an almost impossible act to follow. Think of the R2 as the Julian Lennon of X Metal range.

As for the XS, the bashing of that particular frame on this forum is pretty much all my fault, and started with the "looks good on display, not on a human" thread.

Hope that clarifies.

:smile:

LMAO I love Batwolfs description of the R2.. 83falcon I just got my first pair of X-Squared today and my initial thought is I really like them but I am a big guy with a big head. These are a pair of big framed glasses and I don't think they would fit well on any person with a small build. I bought mine mostly for collecting but depending on how I feel about the lenses in the 2nd pair ordered turn out I may actually change from my Juliets to the XS.

Here's a picture of my son, with a normal sized head, wearing the XS..

E921A46F-0841-476F-A530-6AFAE25D1B31-3047-000001D6473EC332_zps0d51ab95.jpg

Back