• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Shipping To Canada?

Well it is more expensive to do so. And the customs form is a pain in the ass. I for one am sometimes scared it isnt gonna make it i.e. gets lost in customs. But I have shipped there plenty of times.

I understand the expense, but usually that's taken care of in the deal.

It's just frustrating when you see something you want but shipping is a no-go. Setting up a relay person is always an option but there is of course an added expense to that.

May be cost. Although it starts at around $9 for shipping (first class) to Canada, some of us are used to paying rock bottom rates ($5 or less). For around $6 you can ship packages coast to coast with the flat rate boxes... And it will get there in 3 days or less. If I used a flat rate box to Canada, the cost jumps to $20 minimum.

Perhaps no one wants to deal with the extra form for shipping outside the US.

I am new to this stuff myself.

Maybe someone on this forum should have some tips for shipping internationally...

It can be a pain depending on how it is being shipped. I can print a label for a US shipment in a minute or less. International packages depending on where they are going require more paperwork and in the case of one yesterday going to Greece I couldnt even do it online. I had to take it to the post office, fill out 2 separate forms, hope I got the address correct, etc. Added about an extra 30 minutes to the deal when it was all said and done. Some people just dont want to mess with the extra hassle.

I just shipped some stuff today in the small flate rate box from TN to Denver, CO for $5.60. I think the same package to Canada would have been $19.95 and if it had been the Medium flat rate box the cost to Canada would be $28.xx

I would ship to Canada but these extra cost might be what is deterring some from shipping there.

It can be a pain depending on how it is being shipped. I can print a label for a US shipment in a minute or less. International packages depending on where they are going require more paperwork and in the case of one yesterday going to Greece I couldnt even do it online. I had to take it to the post office, fill out 2 separate forms, hope I got the address correct, etc. Added about an extra 30 minutes to the deal when it was all said and done. Some people just dont want to mess with the extra hassle.

Very well said and I concur coz I encountered similar situations. USPS.com wouldn't allow me to buy label online. eBay also has restrictions. Paypal seems easier to print international labels. Visiting a local post office is a huge time-waster, coz the staff there (with few exceptions) often process your package in slo-mo. It's like Bionic Man and Bionic Woman in real time. Only people of a certain age will catch this analogy. :newrussian:

Very well said and I concur coz I encountered similar situations. USPS.com wouldn't allow me to buy label online. eBay also has restrictions. Paypal seems easier to print international labels. Visiting a local post office is a huge time-waster, coz the staff there (with few exceptions) often process your package in slo-mo. It's like Bionic Man and Bionic Woman in real time. Only people of a certain age will catch this analogy. :newrussian:
Now if only you could insert the cool bionic sound too. ;)

Back