• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why remove the sale price from exchange threads?

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Looking for some insights here from members. Was discussing with another member around fair pricing of exchange items. Once point that was brought up is its very useful for members to be able to see the sale price for sold items. But at the same time some members remove the sale price and instead just show it as Sold or $SOLD.

The question is why? Legitimately curious and just wondering if there's anything driving this.

It's actually a little annoying to me too, because I don't understand the 'why' behind erasing the asking prices. I've sold things myself. But don't even 'think' about erasing any info, especially the price, after the item sold. And it's annoying when I'm trying to get a price check on something, and info that was once there has since been deleted. Can anyone explain why it's a good idea to delete the prices after the sale?

Maybe you can make an original price box that can't be deleted by writer of thread. If there's corrections or price drops, one can do that in the title and comments. And if you make a mistake in the price box, simply deleted said thread and start a new one.

Maybe you can make an original price box that can't be deleted by writer of thread. If there's corrections or price drops, one can do that in the title and comments. And if you make a mistake in the price box, simply deleted said thread and start a new one.

That's something I was just thinking through because members do still need to be able to edit threads. Will look into this a bit more