• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why remove the sale price from exchange threads?

Just looking on the flip side... If something sells in 2015 for $600 and is now worth $1000 then it cannot be dug up and used annoyingly in 2021. Also I feel it is respectful to keep the sold price between parties. A third thought would be most collectable aged items are unique to themselves for condition. Each item has its price and the price is what someone will pay. If I sell two MM's Black face but one has the slightest imperfection and the other is perfect I do not want to deal with someone claiming I am overcharging cause I sold the other cheaper. Not against the idea of leaving the sold price after the sale but am looking at the other angle of it.

My final thoughts on this thread after a few months is this... Why hide the price? It is part of the share here and over time sets in place actual values. A item is worth what someone will pay for it and it is no more complicated than that. If someone digs prices on items that sold a few weeks, months, or years ago and comes at me with it, that tells me they are... #1 trying to haggle (for which I love and is a lost art of selling) #2 trying to flip (not on my dime so go away) or #3 are broke a$$es and can't afford it to begin with (they can join the flippers). I am only really interested in dealing with people who are not complicated and know the hobby and know the value of a perfect unworn frame vs. a Mint worn with a few wiping marks. If the sell process turns into anything more than I am at $600 and you offer $500 and we settle on $550 then I will shut the sale down. Big reason why is my experience over time has been if the buyer is a pain in the a$$ from the start they are many times more likely to be a pain in the a$$ in the end and I will have gone through many headaches just to have a returned filed over something idiotic. I decided as long as the buyer is ok with it I am changing or adding an edit of the actual price I accepted in PM before marking the thread sold and locking it. My reason is there is no real grading service like with sport cards or stamps and if I am going to give back to my hobby then I should leave the price for others to research before they sell. To hide it seems a bit selfish to me. I think as well letting a sold price stand on the listing would help calm down the over pricing and bewilderment of people who cannot figure out why they can't get $700 for a pair of standard Juliet's when there are 12 of them listed for that price. People do not get that the reason they are there is no one will pay $700 and the ones that were listed appropriately for $350 are not there because they SOLD! That seems to be a big issue all around the hobby.