• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why remove the sale price from exchange threads?

Most of the time I leave the price after it’s sold, and I think it’s really useful to others to see what items actually sell for. There have only been 2 times I’ve taken it down. Once was when I had 2 items listed on the same thread. One sold immediately and the other took a while, so I just deleted the other item so it wasn’t confusing. The other time was when people were being super critical of prices, so I deleted the price after I sold it. But now I wish I would have just left it up.

I spoke to someone about it once and they said they do it out of respect for the buyer so that they can be free to sell at whatever price they want without someone chiming in and saying "Hey, you're a flipper" and posting a link to the original sales post. It doesn't eliminate the chance, it just reduces it.

I spoke to someone about it once and they said they do it out of respect for the buyer so that they can be free to sell at whatever price they want without someone chiming in and saying "Hey, you're a flipper" and posting a link to the original sales post. It doesn't eliminate the chance, it just reduces it.
I see that point as well, and the whole “Flipper” thing sometimes becomes a bit of a witch hunt. There are really only a couple people here that abuse the buying and selling thing which make it annoying. If you try to lowball or use malicious tactics to get a low price so that you can immediately sell it higher, then you deserve the title. But a lot of people buy something, find out they don’t really need it or won’t use it, and then who cares if they make an extra $20 more than they paid, as long as someone is willing to buy it. I’ve personally lost more on things I’ve changed my mind about than made money. So if I can recoup a little on something more popular, so be it.

Last edited:
I also don't 'expect' that the item was sold at asking prices. I'm sure most items were negotiated some, and actual sales price is lower than the prices you see listed. It's actually rare that I sell an item for the price I list it at. Especially here on the Forum. Lol.