• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why would anyone do this!!!

Bend me, shape me
Anyway you want me
Long as you love me, it's all right
Bend me, shape me
Anyway you want me.....

I’ve seen the love you bestow upon your O’s…. And it wasn’t all right
e6dcb8287bba1d7428dca1e8fb0a5c48.jpg

Not an X Metal but blasphemy none the less.... I guess you got to pay extra for the "realistic effect" 🤮

Oakley sunglasses Plate In Bronze. Condition is "Pre-owned". Frames have been modified with 18 little bolts for realistic effect Shipped with USPS Retail Ground. US $580.00
View attachment 886768
Got a real SteamPunk appeal to it! I know some guys who would look good with these... Wish they would use knock offs for these things though! Its one thing to change the color or lense or rubbers but heartbreaking to see modifications like this!

Got a real SteamPunk appeal to it! I know some guys who would look good with these... Wish they would use knock offs for these things though! Its one thing to change the color or lense or rubbers but heartbreaking to see modifications like this!
When I look at them I'm not sure whether to hurl or get another drink... maybe do both....

Not an X Metal but blasphemy none the less.... I guess you got to pay extra for the "realistic effect" 🤮

Oakley sunglasses Plate In Bronze. Condition is "Pre-owned". Frames have been modified with 18 little bolts for realistic effect Shipped with USPS Retail Ground. US $580.00
View attachment 886768
For this particular pair, I can’t really say it’s an abomination. I think it’s really what Oakley/Jim Jannard is all about. Pushing the limits of design through sometimes risky but maybe rewarding experimentation. Think Mad Scientist! Though execution may have been a little shoddy, but from the pictures, the seller may or may not have damaged the frame looking at the pictures. If they were really riveted on the frame, it would have shown on the insides of the ear stems assuming both sides were symmetrical.
Either ways, I commend this guy for taking the great risk (especially on the community’s behalf) to push Oakley’s designs further. So we know what we like/dislike or what can/cannot be done with this frame. This is not to say it’s not cringe worthy to watch someone drill into a perfectly good vintage frame for the sake of experimentation. But here I would like to thank him instead of condemning him for doing something I would never have done.

:comando: Haha, hope I don’t get stoned for this. I know what most people feel looking at that picture.

Latest Posts

Back