• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why is Oakley discontinuing wire frame sunglasses?

I wouldn't be that sad to see them go. What's the last wire frame that went over really well? I can't think of anything I've really liked since the Spike or maybe the Square Whisker.

The SI Ballistic Crosshair was the only wire that drew my attention...and it was more the "SI Ballistic" part more than the "Crosshair" that stood out to me. It's a nice piece of art standalone imo just knowing there's purpose behind the revised design. Just that price...

Never bothered to pursue it in the end.

My most recent pair of wire are the latest C Wire and I guess also the Tailend..

C Wire quality is outstanding and yes the Tailend quality is not amazing, its made up for by the crazy look imo :)

To be honest, I stopped buying wire frames because they are too small for this head. The Deviation is long gone and I didn't really care for the Plaintiff Squared

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had Crosshair 2.0s but didn't like the fit. I'm loving my A Wire 2.0s though. It would be sad to see Oakley discontinue all wire models.

To be honest, I stopped buying wire frames because they are too small for this head. The Deviation is long gone and I didn't really care for the Plaintiff Squared

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I reckon a classic pair of 1st gen e - Wire would suit you!!

Back