• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wide head frame suggestions?

HolyRoller

Oakley Beginner
So I've got a big head, always have. I got my first Oakley's about 6 years ago, some prescription Crosshair 2012s, and they've been great. Last year I got a prescription Holbrook XL and prescription Flak 2.0 XL to use up some leftover HSA money. Both are a bit tight on my temples, though the Flaks are a little more comfortable than the Holbrooks. I tried a bunch on at the eye doctor and those were the best fit of what they had.

Fast forward to this week, I got Lasik, which is great, but now I've got some useless Oakley's at least until my cheap galaxy replacement lenses show up. It also frees up my options for frames, since I'm no longer bound to frames that can accept Rx lenses.

What can you guys tell me as far as frames that'll fit my head like the Crosshairs do? I've got my eye on a half off pair of foragers on the Oakley site, but the website doesn't really do a great job describing the fit, and it doesn't even show the frames on a face

If you like the aviator look the Gauge 8 L is a nice option, I too like the feel of the forager, just not a big fan of the look. I also have a big head and the mainlink and mainlink Xl, radar ev, ev zero, turbine, and square wire all fit me well. If you want to go even bigger the double edge is a big frame too!

Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions. I'm kinda iffy on the forager look too, but I watched a couple video reviews and they ended up looking pretty alright once they're on someone's head. There's more than one at a good discount on oakley right now, and after dropping $4k on the lasik, saving 80 bucks on good sunglasses sounds pretty nice right now lol

I too have a wide head and wear the Fuel Cell, Gauge 8, Conductor 8, Holbrook XL and Flak 2.0 XL with no problem. My favorite fit is probably the Fuel Cell, but that's not to say the others aren't a good fit.

I too have a wide head and wear the Fuel Cell, Gauge 8, Conductor 8, Holbrook XL and Flak 2.0 XL with no problem. My favorite fit is probably the Fuel Cell, but that's not to say the others aren't a good fit.
How do you like the conductor?

Flak 2.0 are small on me, Turbines are comfortable but are the absolute smallest frame I can wear comfortably. EVZeros fit well and of course I love my M Frame Alphas.

So I've got a big head, always have. I got my first Oakley's about 6 years ago, some prescription Crosshair 2012s, and they've been great. Last year I got a prescription Holbrook XL and prescription Flak 2.0 XL to use up some leftover HSA money. Both are a bit tight on my temples, though the Flaks are a little more comfortable than the Holbrooks. I tried a bunch on at the eye doctor and those were the best fit of what they had.

Fast forward to this week, I got Lasik, which is great, but now I've got some useless Oakley's at least until my cheap galaxy replacement lenses show up. It also frees up my options for frames, since I'm no longer bound to frames that can accept Rx lenses.

What can you guys tell me as far as frames that'll fit my head like the Crosshairs do? I've got my eye on a half off pair of foragers on the Oakley site, but the website doesn't really do a great job describing the fit, and it doesn't even show the frames on a face
I'm in the same boat as you, so my favorites are EV Zero, Flak/Flak2.0, Madman, Jawbone/Racing Jacket, Offshoot, Ten 2.0 & Oil Drum.

Latest Posts

Back