• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wild Goose Chase V 2.0

So after work today I head back up to Bremerton to pick up the pair of XX for qtrain23 I hope you are satisfied with them...

I get off work, stopped at the bank and fueled up the car. My wife doesn't know this is going down, so i am keeping all this under the radar. I head home and wait for her to head to work. As soon as the coast is clear I head out.

It was about 70 degrees and wasn't raining, which is almost a miracle. I fire up The Benz opened the sunroof, cranked some tunes and set out... To sit on the I-5 parking lot. JBLM was having its usual traffic nightmare. Too many cars let out at one time on a freeway designed by a toddler on meth. It turns the freeway into a gigantic douche waffle. One hour and ten miles later I have passed that clusterf**k. The rest of the drive was uneventful, aside of the speed trap extravaganza on highway 16. There were a lot of unfortunate speeders getting citations.

The whole trip up I am stressing out, wondering if I was correct when I said they were XX. I start second guessing myself, and am thinking I am either getting qtrain a pair of XX, or I'm buying myself an overpriced ragged out pair of Juliets. By the time I am in Bremerton I'm about to stroke out because I have been second guessing myself for the last 60 miles and two hours. The suspense is f**king killing me. As expected, Tweaker McGee is late, which is adding to the damned suspense.

I meet the ex-methhead, current pothead (who wanted to smoke me out, kind offer, but I'll pass) and we make the deal, which probably looks like a dope deal at a gas station. We stand and chat, and he asks a lot about glasses. He is astonished that there is a forum for sunglasses, and that there are people like us who collect and restore Oakleys.

Now for some pictures...

Standard highway in Washington:
IMG_0489_zps49c8e59e.jpg

Moving along at a good pace, nice temperature...
IMG_0490_zpsd311e94e.jpg

Have to pay the state to use their damn bridge..
IMG_0493_zps1ea2ddac.jpg

IMG_0495_zps5a86c81b.jpg

Tacoma Narrows Bridge...
IMG_0497_zpsce6ee273.jpg

IMG_0499_zps8aacc3bc.jpg

IMG_0501_zps255ef938.jpg

IMG_0505_zps5ebb2184.jpg

IMG_0507_zps2dd641a3.jpg

Nothing better than having your lane WIDE OPEN!!!
IMG_0511_zps53aad5ca.jpg

Random airplane landing at JBLM, low as f**k over I-5
IMG_0513_zps87579a55.jpg

Me looking great in a pair of Juliets...
IMG_0514_zps65e51cff.jpg

Finally home:
IMG_0516_zpsf0636ef2.jpg

Oh, wait, did you really want to see pictures of the glasses?Are they XX or Juliets?
So, three hours and 122 miles later, here are the spoils of the journey...
They were XX.

IMG_0517_zps74a6609b.jpg

IMG_0520_zpscc0b9621.jpg

IMG_0522_zps28e83a68.jpg

IMG_0524_zps7e3cc8de.jpg

Yeah, the flex couplers are a little worn, but the X-Man should be able to work some magic on them.

I picked them up for someone else. Not my business to post what he paid.

All good. Thinking about getting rid of mine for some Romeos :)

Fun thread, who says sequels aren't as good as the originals?

Great group of people willing to help out another forum member. I get the same reaction when I tell people about what they have after I paid them and have them in my hands. They can't believe people collect them.

Back