• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will advancer lens fit in radar ev frame?

Rebelxd

Oakley Beginner
Like the title says, wondering if I can swap lenses, I don’t use the advancers nose bridge adjuster so it would be nice to have a more simple look.

Yeah, it works. The Advancer lenses fit in a normal Radar EV and the normal lenses fit in the Advancer ones as well. The lense shape is identical on top and in the middle (nose part), only the lower edge is different in the end.

Be only aware that without the advancer nosepiece the lense sits closer to your face, so in my case (that is of course different depending on the head shape) when having the larger advancer lense in a normal frame the lower edge of the lense touches my cheek when smiling e.g.
Thats why I personally dont use the Prizm Sapphire Advancer lense I once bought. On the Advancer I didnt have the problem, but I sold the only pair I had as in the end that Nosepiece isnt very attractive IMO, so I can understand your thoughts pretty well.
So my advice would be: Try it. I have seen many pros wearing Advancer lenses on normal Radar Frames (Tim Merlier, Arnaud Démare, Dorothea Wierer amongst others), so they might not have the problem or dont care, as it is not a huge issue in the end.

If you want to I can post some pictures..as I can still mound the Advancer lense I have to one of my Radrar frames.

Back