• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will Flak Jacket Nose Pads Fit The Original Half Jacket?

rubicon

Oakley Beginner
I have a Half Jacket frame and I think these came with the small nose pads. I'd like the large nose pads, and I see some on ebay that are marketed as "Oakley Half Jacket/Flak Jacket Replacement Nose Pieces Large".

I didn't realize the nose pads for the original HJ are compatible with the FJ. Is it true that they are compatible? Or are these ebay sellers confusing the HJ with the HJ 2.0?

Yes, they are interchangeable and 100% compatible! You can also convert an Asian Fit Flak/Half Jacket to standard fit by swapping the larger nose pads to the small ones. That seems to be the only difference.

This might help in the future too:
Interchangeable Parts List | Oakley Forum
Thanks! Will the larger nose pads make the frames sit higher on the nose and farther away from my face (with the small nose pads, my eyelashes touch the lenses when I fully seat the frame on my head)?

Actually, I just found the box my HJ's came in and in it was a set of the large nose pads. Totally forgot the HJ's came with two sets of nose pads!

Last edited:
It depends what gen half jacket you have. I have a pretty old half jacket that uses different nose pieces from the new Half/Flak replacement kits. I found out when i wanted to replace my Half Jacket earsocks. I went to SGH and bought a replacement kit and found the nose pieces didn't fit my Half, but did fit my Flaks. I guess at some point, Oakley changed the style.

They always worked for me o actually has them as half/flak jacket nose pads with 1 sku interesting they changed but possible

It depends what gen half jacket you have. I have a pretty old half jacket that uses different nose pieces from the new Half/Flak replacement kits. I found out when i wanted to replace my Half Jacket earsocks. I went to SGH and bought a replacement kit and found the nose pieces didn't fit my Half, but did fit my Flaks. I guess at some point, Oakley changed the style.
I have the original HJ's, and these are from several years ago. I read somewhere on this forum that HJ's come with both sets of nose pieces and looked around my place and found the box and papers and sure enough, there was the large set of nose pieces, so I'm all set.

Back