• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will Madman/Badman have the staying power of X Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As-is I don't think so. If they come out with more new cool stuff in the line, maybe they'll have a chance of gaining a select dedicated fan base.

But original x-metals weren't just about styling; they also were about innovation. The neXt-metals lack the latter. I see that as a differentiator that will prevent the neXt-metals from ever reaching the same level of fame as the originals.
I agree you're totally right, but anyhow the madman has drawn me into its spell and pushed me into dedicated fan base!

I say it won't last for one simple reason: it has 2 major design flaws that limit its appeal to a very narrow market segment: the nose pieces are irreplaceable and it's got the dreaded spring hinge system that's prone to fail. What you end up with sadly is a Half-X reincarnate. A simple design of catering for user replaceable nose pieces would have seen it more successful with a broader audience. I for one can't wear the Badman because of the @#()%&@(#) nose pieces that are glued to the frame. Urgh!

Glued to the frame? How did you figure out? You tried to rip them off? Oakley support told me there'll be replacement parts soon!

If only the designers had made a simple functional design like it was used in old x-metals, the flak jackets, the fast jackets, the radarlocks, the... i digress

Yes. Because I said so.

I think it will hold up, but Oakley will have to pump up the hype machine once more. As said by previous posters, the original snobs will not care for the new stuff. It is a matter of the nonmetal fans liking it.

The war isn't won overnight, this will take time. I actually like the new metals, and I want it to succeed.
It was already over when they came out lol. Madman is plain fugly the badman is acceptable but sturdy they feel cheap imo.

If only the designers had made a simple functional design like it was used in old x-metals, the flak jackets, the fast jackets, the radarlocks, the... i digress

Think they're the same nosepads as the pb2, chain link, monster dog etc.. They come off and are held in by two prongs so it can be changed from Asian fit to regular.

Think they're the same nosepads as the pb2, chain link, monster dog etc.. They come off and are held in by two prongs so it can be changed from Asian fit to regular.

Not on my Badman fresh off the initial batches when they released it. It's glued and can't be removed. In fact, you can't stick them back on once it's peeled off - you'll need to apply glue again. I was fortunately enough to return that pair due to other defects but I'm happy to be proven wrong if the later batches have addressed the issue.

Ic. That's interesting as it was more difficult to remove but I have done it in the past to change out a nosepad into an Asian fit one. Still doesn't fit me very well.. The Asian fit one does but is way flatter and changes the whole look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back