• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will Scar Lenses Fit In Plates Without Being Cut?

vodou

Oakley Beginner
Omaha, NE
They look pretty close in size, has anyone tried it? If not, does anyone have any Plate lenses for sale? I am looking for 24k. Or is Dr. Chop my only chance?

They look pretty close in size, has anyone tried it? If not, does anyone have any Plate lenses for sale? I am looking for 24k. Or is Dr. Chop my only chance?

I don't believe they will. I think the scar is narrower at the outside edge, but I don't have a plate on hand to compare against. I do have a scar though lol.

While we're on the subject...how do you remove Plate lenses anyway? It looks like the plates on the front would interfere with getting the lenses out that way; and the backside option doesn't look too promising either.

While we're on the subject...how do you remove Plate lenses anyway? It looks like the plates on the front would interfere with getting the lenses out that way; and the backside option doesn't look too promising either.

They come out the front. But you have to take off the plates. At least I had too

Take the plates off? These are definitely going to Dr. Chop, that's outta my league.

Aren't they ultrasonically welded on?

Take the plates off? These are definitely going to Dr. Chop, that's outta my league.

Aren't they ultrasonically welded on?

Just a fancy way of saying "glued"

They just pop right off. Just take your time and slowly pry with a small screwdriver or something similar.

Back