• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wind Jacket 1.0 Questions

Maveryq13

Take a nap, player!
Baltimore
Good morning all,

A little background before my question:

When I bought my motorcycle around 2012, I was experimenting with different helmets, and I liked the Wind Jacket sunglasses because of the wind gasket, and the interchangeable lenses (day and night).

Once I decided half helmets are stupid because I care about the lower half of my face, I pivoted to using them as shooting(/safety) glasses. Considering I shoot (maybe) once a year, the glasses are just sitting in my gun bag getting no love.

I considered bringing them back out and repurposing them again for running because of their light weight, but, I realized theses guys are 10 years old, and might be collectable at this point.

So, my questions are:

Are these of any value these days? I see they are not made anymore and the gasket would seem impossible to replace.

Should I not risk marring the frames or lenses up, degrade the earstem rubbers, etc., or potentially lose them?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not much of a museum piece guy; I like to wear what I got, but I'm not dumb enough to ruin a minty set of Oaks.

Thanks!

IMG_20210613_105038332.jpg

They are virtually worthless, having been superseded by the Kato, but I will relieve you of the burden of pitching them…

I kid.
They are indistinguishable from Split Jacket, and have held value incredibly well.
I recently saw a gasket listed for $100.
:rolleyes:

They are virtually worthless, having been superseded by the Kato, but I will relieve you of the burden of pitching them…

I kid.
They are indistinguishable from Split Jacket, and have held value incredibly well.
I recently saw a gasket listed for $100.
:rolleyes:
Wow, yeah, it says Split Jacket in the arm, but the gasket package makes them the "Wind Jacket". I saw some Japan eBay ones $300+, but I don't trust their inflated prices (see X-Metals.. 🙄).

Good morning all,

A little background before my question:

When I bought my motorcycle around 2012, I was experimenting with different helmets, and I liked the Wind Jacket sunglasses because of the wind gasket, and the interchangeable lenses (day and night).

Once I decided half helmets are stupid because I care about the lower half of my face, I pivoted to using them as shooting(/safety) glasses. Considering I shoot (maybe) once a year, the glasses are just sitting in my gun bag getting no love.

I considered bringing them back out and repurposing them again for running because of their light weight, but, I realized theses guys are 10 years old, and might be collectable at this point.

So, my questions are:

Are these of any value these days? I see they are not made anymore and the gasket would seem impossible to replace.

Should I not risk marring the frames or lenses up, degrade the earstem rubbers, etc., or potentially lose them?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not much of a museum piece guy; I like to wear what I got, but I'm not dumb enough to ruin a minty set of Oaks.

Thanks!

View attachment 872573
They’re Split Jackets with a gasket, which is the valuable part. Use them without the gasket, and you’re golden. Lenses, strap, nose bombs, even the frame can be easily replaced. But dat gasket doe!

They’re Split Jackets with a gasket, which is the valuable part. Use them without the gasket, and you’re golden. Lenses, strap, nose bombs, even the frame can be easily replaced. But dat gasket doe!
Perfect! Since I don't run fast enough for the eye gasket, I'll leave them in the drawer, ha

Latest Posts

Back