• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wind Jacket 2.0 Polarized Lenses?

xtc14

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought the Matte Wind Jacket 2.0 with Prizm Snow Black Iridium, which has the rose tint on the lenses, I went with this lenses due to the 6% VLT and I use them for road cycling. I would like to know if there's a way to know if Oakley would offer Polarized lenses for the Wind Jacket 2.0. I like the darkness of the lenses but the rose tint makes me think I'm on Mars and it distorts the colors. I have a pair of Jawbreaker's Prizm Black Polarized that is advertised at 11% VLT but it doesn't feel like it. Oakley should really offer their wide array of lenses to all of their sunglasses.

I recently bought the Matte Wind Jacket 2.0 with Prizm Snow Black Iridium, which has the rose tint on the lenses, I went with this lenses due to the 6% VLT and I use them for road cycling. I would like to know if there's a way to know if Oakley would offer Polarized lenses for the Wind Jacket 2.0. I like the darkness of the lenses but the rose tint makes me think I'm on Mars and it distorts the colors. I have a pair of Jawbreaker's Prizm Black Polarized that is advertised at 11% VLT but it doesn't feel like it. Oakley should really offer their wide array of lenses to all of their sunglasses.

Welcome.

The prizm snow lens you're using is intended to be used in snowy, white conditions and is designed to filter out certain lights so being polarized would be useless in it's intended environment. Dont get too wrapped up in the VLT since each lens filters out certain colors for specific conditions.

Personally, I feel like the old iridium lenses were darker to look through than the newer prizm lenses....so I tend to stick to those.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I agree that the Prizm Snow are intended to be used on snowy environments. However Oakley could offer Polarized options to people who would use the frame for other uses. I do also like the Iridium lenses, but it seems now Prizm is pushing those options.

The reality is Prizm will eventually replace all the standard HDO lenses.

It does seem that they have been hesitant to release many lenses, other than their best sellers, with any polarized lenses. From what I've seen they haven even released any replacment lenses for the WJ 2.0 other than snow lenses, even though you can get the frame with Prizm Black lenses.

The days of having 15-20 different replacement lens options for frame are gone. I'm sure they didnt want to be stuck holding lens kits for 10 year old models like they used to, They'd rather just have you buy a new frame.

Yes, you're correct, WJ2.0 replacement lenses are only available for the Prizm family.
I'm considering getting a Prizm Black complete set. I'm wondering if third party companies such as Revant would release in the future replacement lenses for this model. I've gotten from them replacement lenses for Racing Jacket and they work great, although I haven't seen for example for M2 XL (maybe a copyright issue), and for the Jawbreaker the lens doesn't have vents, is this due to the same reason?

Latest Posts

Back