• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Windjacket Motorcycle Sunglasses

LoneRonin

Oakley Beginner
Mississauga
Someone please enlighten me on this model...All I know is, it was only around for a short time and is pretty much a niche item in the Oakley lineup which has never been replaced. Its the only motorcycle specific sunglasses I know from Oakley with the rubber gasket, I'm aware the gasket fits on the Split Jacket as well but this is its own model, am I correct?

I'm asking because I have a brand new pair of the Ducati version sitting in the box in my closet for quite some time now. Our sales rep was going to take it back but being a motorcyclist I loved the idea of the frame even though I ride sport bikes and wear a full helmet making the glasses pointless, but being a special edition Ducati frame I couldn't pass them up and asked my mom if I could keep them on the house.

I've just had them sitting since and wonder how collectible or limited they really are. I got a few offers for them locally but nothing compelling enough to make me want to let them go. Maybe I'll trade them here for something cool or will get some use out of them when I'll be an old bastard no longer capable of riding sport bikes...

Also since a thread is pointless without pics here you go;

20150517_2301101_zpsj139cx4n.jpg

20150517_2304311_zpsnn9hlf6h.jpg

20150517_2302491_zpscroxnquz.jpg

The Split Jacket and the Wind Jacket are basically the same frame, the only difference is the gasket. If you put a gasket on a Split Jacket it is now a Wind Jacket and vise versa. The Ducati is the nicer of the Wind Jackets and the gasket is different from the standard (the standard is all black).

Nice pair didn't even know they made those in a ducati version. I would keep those, ducati fanatics would pay good money for those someday. I'm trying to collect all the ducati oakleys myself and I just added those to my list.

Back