• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WindJacket v1

JC1966

Oakley Enthusiast
OK picked up a pair of what was listed as 009142-01 Wind Jacket v1 today Matte Black, one I received them the arms say "Split Jacket" but they have the foam insert and xtra lenses and case like the windjacket usee, the foam even snaps in place..google the number 009142-01 everything shows WindJacket...what is up with the numbers and what exactly are they
20180810_135914.jpg
20180810_135752.jpg

Alos if i want to get diff colored lenses, ear socks, thru bolt covers,do all the "Jacket" series interchange like the split, wind, jawbone, since they all look the same???

OK picked up a pair of what was listed as 009142-01 Wind Jacket v1 today Matte Black, one I received them the arms say "Split Jacket" but they have the foam insert and xtra lenses and case like the windjacket usee, the foam even snaps in place..google the number 009142-01 everything shows WindJacket...what is up with the numbers and what exactly are they
View attachment 512364 View attachment 512365

Alos if i want to get diff colored lenses, ear socks, thru bolt covers,do all the "Jacket" series interchange like the split, wind, jawbone, since they all look the same???

Wind Jackets are just Split Jackets that are boxed with the wind gasket and straps. Don't worry. I had all 3 in my collection at one point and they all said Split Jacket on the arms.

Bonus fun fact. The Water Jackets were just Racing Jackets with different parts. If you pull off the nose piece on the Water Jacket, you'll see "Racing Jacket" behind it.

Oakley does this from time to time. Nothing to worry about.

Lenses from other switchlock frames don't fit. However, you can add the jaws from the jawbone/racing jacket (new) to the Split jacket and i THINK you can put in jawbone lenses. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

The socks and the bolts are the same as the Jawbone/Racing Jacket. You can use those interchangeably.