1. Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!
    Register Now

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Discussion in 'Oakley Sunglasses Discussion' started by Sigtinius, 4/16/19 at 11:42 PM.

1. Sigtinius

Sigtinius

I've noticed some lenses are multi colored when looking through them such as Prizm Deep Water Polarized. When my (DWP) Flak 2.0 XL's got fogged with condensation, I noticed a perfect square "window" used to achieve a second lens color. The box separates the two lens colors: one tint in your primary field of vision you look through the most and a different color for your peripheral vision.

Take a look at these pictures, just wanted to share.

"Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - IMG_5214.JPG "Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - IMG_5215.JPG

OregonGrey likes this.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Premium Member

That's crazy

3. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Premium Member

Yeah this is really common

It happens on Loads of lenses but it’s nothing to worry about

4. Tomtucker

Tomtucker

What is the reason for this??

5. flyer

flyer

Perhaps, but the conspiracy theorist/optical engineer in me needs an explanation.
    :crazy:

6. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Premium Member

Agreed....

I think that it could be where they hold them lens in place to bevel the edges perhaps?

7. Andre-v8

Andre-v8

Can it be some sort of residue of the adhesive that holds the lens in the finishing process???
    Ive never seen this on my lenses...

flyer likes this.

8. Richard Balaz

Richard Balaz

I have same glasses and lenses. I have never seen that before.

9. htrap2294

htrap2294 Premium Member

Corporate cost cutting. Why apply prism to the entire lens when you can make it smaller?

10. OregonGrey

OregonGrey Premium Member Lifetime Member

I’m glad you made this thread! I've noticed this on some of my sets of lenses and have been curious of its significance, too. Just fog up (breath on it) the inside of the lens to see if it's there. All 3 of my SWPs, both DWPs, a 24k (2 others don’t have it), and a vr28 blue iridium that has an amorphous area rather than the crisp square.

"Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - 3BCE4FDA-3276-4265-A01C-417FD3DA52E6.jpeg
    "Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - 0A7F0B34-5964-42FE-8037-D7C35A7D9A5C.jpeg
    "Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - 438E0B88-D38A-4A91-9C05-0342FAC15DFA.jpeg
    "Window" In Multi-Tinted Lenses (Like Prizm Deep Water Polarized) - 1AB1EDC5-D8A2-42B3-8E84-102FFDF87C73.jpeg