• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wire And Acetate Frames - Now Stamped Made In China

I was half kidding...I didn't even know people debated that...really simply wished O was made here but if quality remains it doesnt matter...no debating on my end..

Would you rather they didn't mark them and continue to remain oblivious to the truth?:confused:

In my opinion, it doesn't matter where they're made! So long as the process and materials used are not altered in any way. As for a reduction in MSRP, only way that is happening is if standards of production are lowered which in turn means a poorer quality product.

Well, I guess the quality will stay the same. As the acetate and wire frames have been made in China for some time already actually... If you take a jupiter LX for example, or any acetate women's frame , you can see the quality is just great.

Hoenestly my wife (who didnt like this hobby too much) has 2 acetate frames from O and they are excellent quality so maybe it doesn't matter I still like the way Sony looks even tho they are not made in Japan (but I cant go off topic on a debate if I wanted to -I know next to nothing about tv's Just that Sony seemed to look better to both of us) First tv I ever owned so...but There have been a couple O Matter styles that felt kind of flimsy while others like SJ 2 and MD have remained rock sold in quality..could just be the frame. I guess so far it doesn't matter...

O.K...Now it's just great...:mad:
As a Chinese, I have to say I'm shocked!

Now I guess I know why there're more and more Fake-Oakley made in China during recente years. The fact is, some of them look more and more close to the real ones. Even the fake juliet is hard to tell for normal people who doesn't know too much about the real stuff, and that's what worries me!

If they're going official on this, that means they might also want to move more production to China in possible future!
Look like Luxottica is going for a much high profit.

Personally, I preffer all of the OAKLEY to be "made in U.S.A", because it's the quality that OAKLEY stands for. I'm not saying the Chinese can't make good products, but currently most of the Chinese population don't have too much respect over original innovation. I know that because I major in design during my studying in college. U'll be amazed how fast your own idea can get into another person/company's hand if U don't keep a low profile. I guess that one reason why there are not oo many people who appreciate the quality of a nice OAKLEY!

Back