• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wire And Acetate Frames - Now Stamped Made In China

Just because they are made in China doesn't mean they will=Chinese fakes. Lux is too big to let that happen They may make the styles more fashion- oriented which I dont care for often, but Oakley will retain quality..fakes are not going to find their way into O's website or stores. I think 99.9% of folks on here appreciate the quality of Oakley...its why we are not wearing Spy or Ray Ban.

I don't really care where they come from. My iPhone and iPad are both made in china and they are some of the highest quality things I have.

Oakley has recently changed it now to where all Acetate and Wire frames will be stamped "Made in China." Some used to say this before, while some said "Made in USA" or just nothing at all.

Basically the frames are made in China, shipped back to the USA for lens installation then tagged as being made in the USA, however now Oakley will be sending the lenses from the US over to China where they will now make and assemble the pairs in China. Oakley admits that the frames have been made in China for "quite some time now."

(info from an inside source)

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I don't really care where they come from. My iPhone and iPad are both made in china and they are some of the highest quality things I have.

China gets a bad rap, but they are capable of making high quality products. They build everything to spec. So as long as Oakley doesn't go and cheapen up the materials or cut corners on manufacturing, everything should be good.

...that being said, I still think this sucks. Oakley has pushed the whole "Made in the USA" marketing angle for years, and I think they should stick to it.

Just because they are made in China doesn't mean they will=Chinese fakes. Lux is too big to let that happen They may make the styles more fashion- oriented which I dont care for often, but Oakley will retain quality..fakes are not going to find their way into O's website or stores. I think 99.9% of folks on here appreciate the quality of Oakley...its why we are not wearing Spy or Ray Ban.

Ray Ban is a product that's made by the same mother company as Oakley, we all know this. So my question is, why does their quality feel so SO much more inferior to Oakley?

Ray Ban is a product that's made by the same mother company as Oakley, we all know this. So my question is, why does their quality feel so SO much more inferior to Oakley?

Oakley still owns the patents on all of its technology. Lux may own them both, but Oakley still has its own rights. All O Matter production and lens production will still take place in the USA. Sad to see the stamp though.

I believe Fox eyewear is the only other O Matter out there made by Oakley if it still is...I think Lux may use O lens tech on other brands if they are allowed but O Matter will hopefully stay unique to Oakley/Fox.

I'm bringing this thread back...question

I got some Plaintiff Infinite Hero's from my optometry. They had them on sale for a good price...right out of the display case. I have the glasses, the box, the bag, the pin, the warranty card the poster it comes with...everything. I already have regular black Plaintiffs. They are BOTH EXACTLY the same. The Infinite Hero frames have the word "China" on the right inside arm. All other numbers, are the same on both. It's impossible these are fake IMO.

Last post in this thread was a year ago....any more word or facts on this? Wondering if I should return them.

Back