• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wire And Acetate Frames - Now Stamped Made In China

Thanks...so sounds like I should be good. I bought them to sell on Ebay. I won't make much, but I could prolly make a couple dollars. They do NOT look good on me at all. I cannot pull off any type of Aviators. I look good in the metal Probations I have, but those aren't aviators.

Knock offs will be very accurate since these factories will now have easy access to the original

How are you guys so sure replicas will be better now? You act like these places are some sweat shacks in dark back alleyways where just anyone and everyone can come in.

It's a Luxxotica factory these are being made at.

With the exception of xmetals, acetate frames will be easily copied and passed off as class AAA replicas. Were it not for the performance quality of the lens, hard to tell authentic from replica.

With the exception of xmetals, acetate frames will be easily copied and passed off as class AAA replicas. Were it not for the performance quality of the lens, hard to tell authentic from replica.

That point is moot since they've been made in China for awhile and X-Metals are discontinued.

um, the point is, the acetate clones/knock offs are made in the same plants as the real one...Hello!! If there are only so many plants in the world that make acetate frames, and the vast majority are OWNED by lux, where the fk do you think the clones are coming from??? Make money on both ends...Why not? Perfect business sense. Rather than dump em cheap at sales (and the sample sale this past Saturday was a PERFECT example), they can whore em out and make more $$$

counterfeit implies it's not made by the company who owns the original if they come out of a lux factory it can't be that. Maybe Dr Chop is talking about seconds?
A lot of companies moved production to China 10-15 years ago and were surprised by the amount of products that left their factories by the back door as it were.

Back