• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wisdom Goggles Fix

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hi guys!
After finding this forum I've seen lots of info an tips on how to keep your "anything" Oakley purring like a kitten, so thanks for that! Now I have a question your all of you, I have a set of wisdom snow googles (oldies but goodies), they came with the gold/red colored lens and since they were too dark for the place I used to ski I bought a replacement set (blue iridium. Sadly I did not have the goggles with me at the time of purchase and once I tried to fit them they fit in but... weirdly. It seems the nose pin (the one right in the middle of the frame) fits, but not all the way, I get to see a 2mm piece of the back of the lens.
Let me clarify that once you wear the goggles you can't really notice the imperfection, and no snow filters through it, but it bugs the heck out of me and I believe it looks hideous. So I was wondering what would you suggest to correct this issue? I was thinking of using some sort of mini drill like a dremel or something the remove this extra piece, but I have no idea if the rigidity of the lens would be compromised.
What do you guys think?

Thanks in Advance
Ps. I'll try to snap some pics for you late ron (currently at the office)

If you bought the right lens model then they should fit without an issue. I'd suggest you post pics and double check the installation. If you really must you can grind the lens with a dremmel without compromising the integrity

Back