• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wisdom teeth

On average does anyone know how long it will take for the pain to stop, and the healing to ensue. Obviously everyone is different and will heal at a different rate, and there are numerous factors involved, but just a ball park figure, a week two weeks?? Left side of my mouth feels normal, but right side hurts like crazy.
Mine was a long 3 weeks. I was on Lortab for the pain. My main issue was not being able to eat solid foods very well. It hurt like hell, and I like to eat.

Sorry to disappoint. Lol.
So I'm curious. Are you having them removed early in life or later in life? Not trying to ask how old you are though if you don't wanna share.

I know there is all kinds of crazy stuff going on in the lower and upper jaws. Lower has nerves and upper is very close to the sinuses.
Depending on where the pain is still happening you may just want to let the dentist know. Some pain can last up to two weeks though.

No prob. I'm 39, so later in life. Only prob was with bottom right side. Dentist had to break in 3 pieces. Other 3 were simple extractions. Virtually no pain with those. Saw dentist today, and he took out stitches. Feels better after stitch removal, but still some pain. Thanks.

No prob. I'm 39, so later in life. Only prob was with bottom right side. Dentist had to break in 3 pieces. Other 3 were simple extractions. Virtually no pain with those. Saw dentist today, and he took out stitches. Feels better after stitch removal, but still some pain. Thanks.
Cool. I know they say the uppers could be an issue with a hole being torn to the sinuses but that goes away.

At least it's getting better though.

I checked with someone else I know in their 40s who still has their wisdoms and they also just happen to be getting ready to get all 4 of theirs pulled too.

Cool. I know they say the uppers could be an issue with a hole being torn to the sinuses but that goes away.

At least it's getting better though.

I checked with someone else I know in their 40s who still has their wisdoms and they also just happen to be getting ready to get all 4 of theirs pulled too.

I feel for them. Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

I had all four of mine pulled in boot camp and it SUCKED. after a few days the pain was gone. hope your recovery goes well.

Holy ****...... in boot camp?

At least it was FREE. ;)
Yeah, it sucked! 100 percent free medical and dental care for the last 22 years has been awesome. Even got a free vasectomy and then had it reversed for free! :) Second wife wanted kids.... And it worked!

And if anyone out there is thinking about getting a vasectomy reversal.... BE PREPARED! My nuts looked like Frankenstein's nuts! Seriously!

Back