• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wisdom teeth

Cool......was the pain meds any good?

They didn't give me a buzz or anything but they seemed to work. It was a double-blind study, meaning neither I nor the person actually handing me the meds knew what I was getting. It could have been a placebo or any one of various dosages of the drug being tested. At any point you could cry Uncle and get some normal pain meds. IIRC I never did.

The way it worked was first they vetted you to make sure you were healthy, drug-free, and actually in need of wisdom teeth removal. The way you made money was they had a few hundred budgeted for general anesthesia during the extraction surgery. But what everybody did was opt for the free local anesthesia instead and got to pocket the funds for the general.

You stayed overnight and occasionally reported your pain levels. Then there were some followup blood tests once or twice a month for a couple of months.

They didn't give me a buzz or anything but they seemed to work. It was a double-blind study, meaning neither I nor the person actually handing me the meds knew what I was getting. It could have been a placebo or any one of various dosages of the drug being tested. At any point you could cry Uncle and get some normal pain meds. IIRC I never did.

The way it worked was first they vetted you to make sure you were healthy, drug-free, and actually in need of wisdom teeth removal. The way you made money was they had a few hundred budgeted for general anesthesia during the extraction surgery. But what everybody did was opt for the free local anesthesia instead and got to pocket the funds for the general.

You stayed overnight and occasionally reported your pain levels. Then there were some followup blood tests once or twice a month for a couple of months.
Wow.

They also embedded a chip in one of the empty sockets that cause you to recapitulate random bits of information that you've picked up on Google.

I believe Dennis Miller was also a part of that clinical trial.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would actually not mind an emergency GPS chip in my mouth.... say for example IF I for some reason just mysteriously disappeared and couldn't be found? Hmmmmmmmmm....

Back