• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Won Some XX X-metal This Morning.

i bought some Nose-bombs fairly recently for my 24K XXs. When I put them on it seemed like they were too small because the piece of metal which they are suppose to go over was showing at top. Is this normal?

Good pick up funky I was going to bid on them myself but FORGOT!! But I am picking my carbon fibre c-six up tomorrow so I'm not to down :wink:

RONNIE, if you afford to spend four grand on a pair of shades then I'm not surprised you're not feeling blue: but if you've still got around a couple of hundred of disposable cash then there's still another Ti2O XX still on the bay. with new lenses and has been to O for a tune up, so I'm assuming has new 'unobtainium' if nescarsary!

Got these through the post yesterday: changed the lenses for EDIT:. (credit where credits due)WALLEVA Purple ones for the mo!

DSCF4656.jpg

DSCF4657.jpg

DSCF4655.jpg

also, seller forgot to mention (see middle photo) how slack the nose 'thingies' were........

i bought some Nose-bombs fairly recently for my 24K XXs. When I put them on it seemed like they were too small because the piece of metal which they are suppose to go over was showing at top. Is this normal?

You probably got nose bombs for Juliets, that's why they don't fit perfectly. Oakley no longer manufacture nose bombs for the XX, which are slightly larger in size then the Juliets, but they will work.

Now why didn't I think of that!!!!!

Might just be an idea bubba g, if I compare them with some Juliet ones: as I think I've got a couple of those 'hanging about the place'.......

After making a comparison, there wasn't a match. So looked at the nose-bombs on my on my other 24ks, and examined them a little closer, I then took them off the older 24ks and re-attached. I could see where I was going wrong: instead of attaching the nose-bombs from the bottom, I should be doing so from the top!!!!!! I felt like a proper 'newbie'.

I find that the larger are more what I would consider Asian fit. I don't know if its the correct for Juliets...I have all large nose bombs so they sit higher on my face the small ones don't.
I'm sure some one can correct me on calling them Asian fit...

as far as fit goes youre on the right track, the bigger nosebombs raise the glasses up so it stops the orbitals touching your cheeks if you have a less pronounced nosebridge. but as far as oakley is concerned, the "asian fit" tag is specifically for frames that are actually shaped and curved differently (like in the radar) and fit differently all round