• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Won these via the Bay today........more befitting the Blood Skull look.

and they've arrived, only to find (Frank you harbinger of DOOM), they are FAKES. Very good fakes but fakes none the less.
When I opened the box which was a generic one, I first noticed no tag..............hmmmmmmmm, I thought, I ignored this and continued to open it. There inside was a serrated microclear cloth, hmmmmm, a vault which I'd not seen before (it had a clip attached on one side) with the usual paperwork. Having opened the vault after giving it a token inspection, the Pit Bulls were inside, in dodgy Microclear bag which QC wouldn't have passed.....................but they weren't in Polished but matte. So forth alarm bell............checked up on O-review and yes I was correct, they didn't make them in this colourway of Matte Black (with red Icons and earsocks) / Black Iridium Polarised.) Tried to weigh them but the scales need new batteries. Inspected the vault more thoroughly and noticed the Icon on it was offset on it by a relatively HUGE margin..............
So, all in all a SH1T result on this one........................goes to show, even the more seasoned of us can get caught out.
Seller is getting this one back.

Edit:
sent him this message.......
Hi Jason, they've arrived and given you the benefit of the doubt, they are fakes. The fact that they don't have a tag on the box, the vault case inside is not a QC pass, THE main 'culprit' a microclear cloth that has serrated edges(something those NUMPTY Chinese con artists still haven't worked out....Doh!)the microclear bag inside isn't a QC pass and feels different to the 330 odd ones I already have(I'm a collector) and finally the colourway isn't one by Oakley: they should be in Polished not Matte. That is the damning evidence I have. So we can either call it quits and I destroy this and using the resolution centre I get my money paid back in full(because I know you'd never sell fakes to anyone) or I take out a claim against you, but we know you don't want that.............................

Last edited:
and they've arrived, only to find (Frank you harbinger of DOOM), they are FAKES. Very good fakes but fakes none the less.
When I opened the box which was a generic one, I first noticed no tag..............hmmmmmmmm, I thought, I ignored this and continued to open it. There inside was a serrated microclear cloth, hmmmmm, a vault which I'd not seen before (it had a clip attached on one side) with the usual paperwork. Having opened the vault after giving it a token inspection, the Pit Bulls were inside, in dodgy Microclear bag which QC wouldn't have passed.....................but they weren't in Polished but matte. So forth alarm bell............checked up on O-review and yes I was correct, they didn't make them in this colourway of Matte Black (with red Icons and earsocks) / Black Iridium Polarised.) Tried to weigh them but the scales need new batteries. Inspected the vault more thoroughly and noticed the Icon on it was offset on it by a relatively HUGE margin..............
So, all in all a SH1T result on this one........................goes to show, even the more seasoned of us can get caught out.

Edit:
Hi Jason, they've arrived and given you the benefit of the doubt, they are fakes. The fact that they don't have a tag on the box, the vault case inside is not a QC pass, THE main 'culprit' a microclear cloth that has serrated edges(something those NUMPTY Chinese con artists still haven't worked out....Doh!)the microclear bag inside isn't a QC pass and feels different to the 330 odd ones I already have(I'm a collector) and finally the colourway isn't one by Oakley: they should be in Polished not Matte. That is the damning evidence I have. So we can either call it quits and I destroy this and using the resolution centre I get my money paid back in full(because I know you'd never sell fakes to anyone) or I take out a claim against you, but we know you don't want that.............................
You know me.......The Impaler.......The Harbinger of Doom......;)

Sorry to hear they're fakes though.

Edit:

oh damn!!! well what did the seller decide?

Latest Posts

Back