• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wonky Juliets

Ear stems are bent. I had the same issue with used frames. Either they sit on them or when they attempt to force ear rubbers on they end up putting too much pressure on the stems and bending them. Cause? Not enough LUBE!
Out of interest, is there a preferred lube I should use to put my sleeves back on?

Out of interest, is there a preferred lube I should use to put my sleeves back on?

Everybody swears by purrell hand sanitizer because it is absorbed into the rubbers. I've had issues with the rubbers being eaten up by the alcohol in the hand sanitizer so I use mild hand soap. It's soap so it will just rinse off if you use too much and your not limited on time like hand sanitizer.

Everybody swears by purrell hand sanitizer because it is absorbed into the rubbers. I've had issues with the rubbers being eaten up by the alcohol in the hand sanitizer so I use mild hand soap. It's soap so it will just rinse off if you use too much and your not limited on time like hand sanitizer.
Yeah I think soap sounds good to me. Cheers bud.

The frames are not lost... its tough to see from pictures so I can see how it was over looked. They can be fixed however I doubt they will be spot on perfect. good luck!
Do you think the legendary X - Man might be fix the bent stem near to perfect? If so, I'll probably do send it off when my Julies need tweaking and tightening.

Do you think the legendary X - Man might be fix the bent stem near to perfect? If so, I'll probably do send it off when my Julies need tweaking and tightening.

A member on here had some frames sent to him and he fixed the stems and did some other work. Best bet send x man a PM.

A member on here had some frames sent to him and he fixed the stems and did some other work. Best bet send x man a PM.
I only read of good things when it comes to the X - man. What a dude! I shall indeed look forward to using his service in the future. Thanks once again bro :)

Latest Posts

Back