• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wood Pellets WTF

wilkie18

Oakley Expert
Maine
Does anyone else here heat there house with wood pellets and have been buying them 1 ton at a time until all of a sudden there are 0 to buy. So know I need to figure out how to heat my damn house with overnight temps at -10. Looks like that monitor heater in the basement is going to need to be turned on for the first time in 4 years. Hope it works. Then get 100gal of K1 at $4.12 a gallon. I am very sick of the north east time to move south.

When I'm home I do. Heat my house with a Enviro Maxx-M.

What do you burn for pellets? Used North Country and LeCrete's before leaving for Cali back in Nov.

i only used to use wood pellets at my upstate place and loved it. ive recently come across coal burners and i have to admit that theyre much more efficient and super cheap to buy (coal). may be something worth looking into

I've seen wood pellet BBQ pits, but had no idea homes were warmed with them. Why not just use electric/gas furnace? Is the pellet setup more efficient or cheaper.

We don't run a heater very often in TX. We take advantage of the cool before the natural heater kicks back on in May

I looked into it a bit at one point. I've heard some will also burn corn.

I looked into it a bit at one point. I've heard some will also burn corn.
My stove is a Multi-Fuel Stove, it will burn corn or what ever else they sell however Pellets are still cheaper.

I use pellets. Only other source is Propane. Im on my 3rd ton for the year. Thats all Ill have to buy it looks like.
2200 sq ft and two stoves. I buy whatever they have at Home Depot. plenty in stock

Latest Posts

Back