• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Word “Polarized” on one lens

ReggieT

Oakley Beginner
i just purchased a pair of used Oakley Conquest sunglasses that have polarized etched on one lens. My etching says “Polarized”, except in cursive and I have never seen that. I have heard that Oakley has done that in different styles but that it mostly is in block letters and all caps. Does this mean they could be fake? They have everything else that would indicate they are the real deal. Please comment if you have thoughts on this.

i just purchased a pair of used Oakley Conquest sunglasses that have polarized etched on one lens. My etching says “Polarized”, except in cursive and I have never seen that. I have heard that Oakley has done that in different styles but that it mostly is in block letters and all caps. Does this mean they could be fake? They have everything else that would indicate they are the real deal. Please comment if you have thoughts on this.
I’ve seen Women’s pairs have a cursive script ...

Conquest is a women's frame and, as such, has Polarized etched in cursive.
Based only on that (since you didn't post any pics) I say they should be legit.

^This

Yes cursive script etched on lenes are for woman’s specific frames, however, depending on your age you might not have a clue what it actually says.

Thanks! All other aspects were fine but I could never find anything that stated that cursive was ever used on the lens so I wasn’t sure.

Back