• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Work In Progress:

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
Purchased my very first X-Metal a little while back. A Polished/Black Penny which I admit I over paid a little, but it's an awesome pair! People say you need to be careful not to get bitten by the X-Metal bug. The bug hasn't bitten me, I'd say it's taken my whole left arm! I somehow have acquired 9 pairs!!

Pictured from left to right:

Polished/Black Serialized Penny
1st Gen. Plasma/Ice Serialized Juliet
1st Gen. Polished/Blue Serialized Ichiro Juliet
Plasma/Fire Juliet
Carbon/Emerald RX Custom Juliet w/ white ear socks & t-shox
Carbon/Black Ducati X-Squared

Not pictured in photo #1: X-Metal/Black Juliet

Note:**I have a 1st Gen. Ti-O2/VR-28 Juliet in transit from Germany and a NIB X-Metal/Black Romeo 1.0 coming once I finalize payment!

c3525abf.jpg

622d3ceb.jpg

The Ti-02 Juliet and Romeo 1 are some sick x-metal pickup's your awaiting. Congrat's Mickle! you are a serious x-metal head now. your running out of stands lol.

yoshi1984 said:
...you are a serious x-metal head now. your running out of stands lol.

Yeah tell me about it yoshi! Hence why I have some of them on top of boxes etc lol. Don't know what I'm going to do!?!? I'm hoping my optometrist pulls through soon and gives me some free Oakley stands as promised. Just waiting on the O-rep to come through to update his current display! *fingers crossed*

Yeah tell me about it yoshi! Hence why I have some of them on top of boxes etc lol. Don't know what I'm going to do!?!? I'm hoping my optometrist pulls through soon and gives me some free Oakley stands as promised. Just waiting on the O-rep to come through to update his current display! *fingers crossed*
Is he selling any display cards or ad's? I need to venture into more optomertrist offices. So what do you ask them? do you just go up and ask if they are selling any oakley items?

Basically, yes! lol. I was checking out the Oakleys they had displayed and tried on a few pairs and got onto the topic of me being a collector. Then said Hey, quick question... those display stands, do you guys sell those at all? Been trying to hunt some down. Basically trying to get my hands on ANYTHING Oakley really... posters, ad card holders 'n stuff"

First place I tried just said "we don't sell them sorry" and that was basically it, but the next place I tried said they give me all their display items once the O-rep comes in with new stuff

Basically, yes! lol. I was checking out the Oakleys they had displayed and tried on a few pairs and got onto the topic of me being a collector. Then said Hey, quick question... those display stands, do you guys sell those at all? Been trying to hunt some down. Basically trying to get my hands on ANYTHING Oakley really... posters, ad card holders 'n stuff"

First place I tried just said "we don't sell them sorry" and that was basically it, but the next place I tried said they give me all their display items once the O-rep comes in with new stuff
LOL sweet...I'm a man on a Oakley mission, plan ready, places being researched, wallet at the ready.

Did he say how often those O-rep's come by? I wonder if i've missed out on anything since January.

Pretty sure he said every couple of months. I was in there the other day asking about some custom cut clear prescription lenses for my carbon Juliet's and he said I should be right to pick up some stuff soon and that the O-Rep should be stopping by any time. By "stuff" I know I'm definitely getting some posters, just hope he has a few more little treats for me too! :biggrin:

yoshi1984 said:
The Ti-02 Juliet and Romeo 1 are some sick x-metal pickup's your awaiting....

Thanks yoshi! The Ti-O2 I actually hunted down on eBay and worked out a deal outside of eBay to save him on seller fees!

Now the Romeo 1.0 is a totally different story!! That bad boy just fell into my lap! I wasn't specifically looking for a Romeo 1.0 (although you knew it was on my mind) I got a random PM from another forum member asking me if I wanted one!! Guess it made the choice between the three pairs I was considering much easier lol.

Latest Posts

Back