• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Working Oakleys

JayMann

Oakley Expert
Luton UK
Right think it's time to get a pair of Oakley's that i can wear when i'm outside in the garden cleaning up, cutting the grass, washing the cars so will be ok getting them wet and other bits around the house and garage something that can take a beating and i don't have to worry about getting them scratched and all the rest of the stuff we all wish i'll never happen to our Oakleys

Wow $55-$60 wish we could get them deals over in the UK! :mad:

Thanks for the help guys will see what i can get a deal on don't really want to spend a lot on a pair i'm only gone mess around in.

We need to know your head size for a proper recommendation. That said, I like a used set of "new" M frame, half jacket, flak jacket, as mentioned, with a lens that doesn't have an iridium coating. The iridium is slightly more prone to scratching. So you want to look for Grey, Warm Grey, VR28, Dark Grey, etc...

If you want to look good while going about your outdoors work, but still want to keep safety in mind, I would suggest taking any of the above mentioned frames and replacing the lenses with your own custom cut ones using a pair of old (or new) safety glasses. That way it won't matter if the lenses get all beat up and scratched because they cost you next to nothing but still have a great level of safety. The original lenses can be put to better use!

Just my 2c :smile:

If you get a pair of M-Frames you can source used SI lenses (clear and grey) on ebay for pretty cheap. SI sets usually go for ~$60 and you'll have a great set of safety work glasses.

Standard lenses like black iridium pop up on ebay for $40 all the time as well, so replacing lenses is pretty easy if you're not too picky on what size they are.

Back