• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

World War Z

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
If anyone has read the book, what're your feelings on this?

Max Brooks has said before that he hates the idea of fast zombies...so this must really piss him off.

Apparently it's going to be a trilogy so I have an idea of how it's going to progress: The first movie is the narrator's story of his experiences during the war (done first person and played by Brad Pitt), and the other movies will be more like the storyline of the book.

Thoughts?

[video=youtube;HcwTxRuq-uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk[/video]

Looks too much like I Am Legend, too animated. Plus it's going to have those crazy fast hybrid zombies which I personally hate.

Looks too much like I Am Legend, too animated. Plus it's going to have those crazy fast hybrid zombies which I personally hate.

I agree. I tend to think of the turbo zombies kind of like 28 days later...not really zombies but the infected.

The source material is SO good though...and it's not like hollywood has ever ****ed up a good book, right?

I heard the production of the move has been beset with troubles, re-writes, re-shoots, tension between Brad Pitt and the director. Doesn't sound like it'll be good enough to make another two more.

I honestly think the only reason this movie was made was because of the recent popularity rise with zombies. If it wasn't for The Walking Dead I guarantee this movie wouldn't have been made.

Back