• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worn out hinges

Soldier_on

Oakley Beginner
OK Oakley geeks, I have a question..... I bought a pair of SI M frames after I got out of BCT in 09. I ran in them, wore them on duty & to the range, and played in my softball league with them. They are loose to the point where the stems bend in and scrape the inside of the lens. I guess this goes for any used pair of shades, but is there anything to be done with wore out Oakleys or do I just retire them permanently?

OK Oakley geeks, I have a question..... I bought a pair of SI M frames after I got out of BCT in 09. I ran in them, wore them on duty & to the range, and played in my softball league with them. They are loose to the point where the stems bend in and scrape the inside of the lens. I guess this goes for any used pair of shades, but is there anything to be done with wore out Oakleys or do I just retire them permanently?
@Rustpot would probably be the guy to ask

I figured they are basically done. I guess I can just mow grass in them. I got 5 years of heavy use out of them.

Thanks Rust. I have been here a while now and I am a fan of your stuff. I have a stash of m frame stuff, but probably not as much as you do.

Back