• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worst loss you've had...

a few years ago a burglar stole 15 x metals; 3 romeo, 5 mars, 5 penny, & 2 xx. got a good insurance pay out and super secured the house. many of these did not serial match, and have been replaced now with serial matching pairs in excellent to mint. i had a terrible custom mars im glad to see the back of, and the fact i have improved the missing items and got better security shows good can come from a bad thing. the downside is among the theft was a rare beyond imagination polished black chrome - black romeo 1, and x metal - emerald mars 04-106 with serial match, glass & box perfect mint.

I lost a pair of Oil Rigs... My first pair ever! I don't even know how I lost them!

Motorcycle died. Wife came to pick me up. I put my helmet in the back seat and pulled out a baseball cap. Did not notice the 1st gen Plasma Juliets fall on the ground. She pulled up a bit... I heard the "Crack" as she ran them over. That was 6 years ago... just dug them out of a box and Oakley did an out of warranty replacement on them (not cheap but got a new pair).

http://i.imgur.com/bjui2.jpg

So much for X Metals being indestructible and surviving a roll over by a tank, as mentioned in this video: OAKLEY X METAL on Vimeo

My own loss happened to my pair of Four. I had prescription lenses in them and was wearing them on top of my hat while at the mall. That's the last time i saw them. I've since gotten a replacement, but i'm still upset to this day. Doesn't matter if it's a cheaper pair or a really expensive/limited pair. Each piece is in our collection because we love them and to lose one is very sad.

This thread makes me nervous. My X Metals are too heavy to wear on my head (while inside) as they don't sit well up there either. I have been putting them in a microfiber bag, while inside at restaurants....and setting them on the table. I tend to put my cars keys next to them....so I know that I won't forget them....but it is only a matter of time (I have a feeling).

Latest Posts

Back