• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would It Be Blasphemous?

Don't let the non-case owners sway you: the cases, along with any Oakley memorabilia and collectible, is just as much a part of the collection as the glasses themselves. I have two doublewides and not only do they display my glasses perfectly, but they shock and awe anyone that sees my collection for the first time because of how impressive they are. Get the IKEA case for now if you must, but get that Oakley case when it comes along. It's worth it.

I agree with nlgrav182. Oakley cases are the ultimate industrial design (especially the older ones) and are sometimes more impressive than what's inside. Well worth a purchase if you can find one!

New wrinkle, the guy still has it and it's now listed for $125, so seems he's come down to earth on it. Thinking of offering $75 or something. Then paint the whole thing and throw some Oakley stickers on it.
So I contacted the guy to see if it's for sale, which his assistant (how do you have an assistant when your two local bike shops went out of business?) says it is still for sale. I email back and offered $50 for it. His assistant gets back to me and says they have an offer of $100 on it.

So this case you've had listed for 3 months for $125 or best offer (down from the $225 he originally told me), you have an offer of $100 (which is too much) and you haven't accepted it yet? No wonder his bike shops closed.

Back