• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Would like a Corvette Juliet....

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Just noticed there was a "Corvette" special addition Juliet...wouldn't mind having a pair to match my car. Like this!

-1.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
IIRC that is a one-off or custom etching. there is however what is known as the Corvette Colorway Juliet that has the serial prefix JC which is a carbon frame with 24k lenses. i am sure a quick search in one of the xmetal sections for corvette will yield a result.

Saw it....hoped there was a red.

This Ruby Corvette is actually.......according to its owner......the 1st official Corvette Juliet. I personally saw this pair at RED. This particular pair was found at a pawn shop in FL by its lucky owner. Supposedly a 1st Gen Plasma frame with etched Ruby lenses. Hearing less than 50 pairs produced. Each member of the Corvette Racing Team received a pair. I know of 2 members that have this exact pair. I have to believe that if you actually found an authentic pair it will command a very high price due to its rarity.

Username Hidden said:
This Ruby Corvette is actually.......according to its owner......the 1st official Corvette Juliet. I personally saw this pair at RED. This particular pair was found at a pawn shop in FL by its lucky owner. Supposedly a 1st Gen Plasma frame with etched Ruby lenses. Hearing less than 50 pairs produced. Each member of the Corvette Racing Team received a pair. I know of 2 members that have this exact pair. I have to believe that if you actually found an authentic pair it will command a very high price due to its rarity.
I can still remember it was discussed in here more than 3yrs ago when a Corvette etch Juliet crops up in UK ebay. Same seller has the purple juliet in auction. I know the purple juliet sold more than 1K pounds.

Note that there are 4 or 5 different versions of the etch Corvette Ruby lenses. Released in conjunction with the Corvette's 50th anniversary. Most were given to insiders, some given out to fans at Indy 500 etc.

8973BB69-98BF-423F-8BB9-4D71E2CD450A.png
This is the s/n of a Corvette Team colorway.

Username Hidden said:
Note that there are 4 or 5 different versions of the etch Corvette Ruby lenses. Released in conjunction with the Corvette's 50th anniversary. Most were given to insiders, some given out to fans at Indy 500 etc.
Is it 50 pairs each version or 50 pairs in total regardless of etch design. I know it was discussed before. @Kronin might help out to dig that thread.

50 each, approximately on average. Though there were more of some and less of others. I forget which was which.

By the looks of it, the ruby Lens used with corvette etching is a first generation ruby. Hard to replicate though @EdsJunk can do it.