• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would you buy these Juliet's?

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
I have an opportunity to get these for 200 bucks but the goal would be resale. I might be able to get the guy down to 150 but what are your thoughts? From what he said they are in good condition and the lenses are polarized. Anyway let me know your thoughts!
(By the way I am well aware of the Xmetal effect and while I have fallen victim to this several times in the past, I think I could part with this pair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 381
Find out if there's a serial on the left earstem and post it. Post closeup pics of the inside of the nosebridge, if you can. That's to confirm their authenticity and colorway.

What are you thinking of reselling them for? If they're legit, $200 is a good price - if he won't sell for $150, don't let them pass... if they're legit.

Devil on one shoulder, angel on the other...

OK, full disclosure, they look like 24K finish, but the lighting may be deceptive. Which have been going for a high price lately. The devil on one shoulder wanted to PM you to get the info and do a deal for a profit for you but a great deal for me.

Angel on the other - you're asking for help, I don't need a 24K, and maybe some other forum member can benefit from your resale. But please remember this forum isn't about scalping; earning a profit isn't wrong but getting a deal like that and then reselling it for outrageous current ebay value is best done on ebay... if you can find a buyer.

But all this is moot until you can confirm they're not fake and actually 24K. Serial and inside nosebridge...

Don't want to get your hopes up - if it's deceptive lighting and a different finish, then $150 is still a good deal that can turn a small profit.

I guess the angel won...:angel: I really don't need this sort of temptation...

They look like a gen 2 plasma or titanium.
$150 would be better, if the lenses have any marks on them to get top dollar they will have to be replaced. Cost $80-ish
Do they need a tune-up? Possible so add $50 ish
Rubbers? Add $20 maybe.
I always think worst case on pairs because they usually are not as represented. A 9.5 to someone else is usually an 8 to me and if the lenses are not pristine they are useless (to me). If not useless, certainly worth less when you disclose that they are scratched (if they are).
So if you are buying them to flip and you expect to get $300-ish for them at sale time expect to put $100 into them- so you'll need to start at that $150 price.
My .02!

They're not 24K.

So I heard back from the guy and he said they are not 24K. He described them as "silver" said he would send some more pics. And yeah 300 would probably what I would look to get out of them. Definitely don't want to scalp but I figure if they are in good shape 300 is a fair price. But I'll post more pics when I get them.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Even if they are mint ( Which I doubt) you will be hard pressed to get $300 out of a plasma frame. With it being common knowledge that you picked them up for $150 ish won't help your case. Scalping is better suited for EBay.

Not judging, just helping if you are in it for the money I wouldn't bank on it.

Keep in mind as noted above, loose nosebridge sets you back $50 and if the lenses need replacement that's another $80. Suddenly your bargain disappears.

Yeah there could be some work that needs to be done, it will depend on when I have a chance to handle them. I don't think the seller is very knowledgable about some of this stuff. But yes these would go to Ebay for sure. And I don't think charging 300 is scalping. But I don't mind people knowing what I paid, if they want them they will buy them. But if I can get 50-100 bucks out of these and can use that towards something else then that would be great :) but I will look for the lenses and nose bridge. Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back