• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would You Refinish These XX Plasma / Ice?

I would not refinish them. They are a classic pair and some ageing adds to the glasses I think. The only thing to replace are the rubbers and lenses when needed.

If these hit my bench, I would contact you and recommend not to refinish them.i think slightly worn is cool.kinda like an old leather jacket.

well, these were a pair I had contacted you about. Looks like I won't be sending them to you for a refinish. Might still send them in to get tightened up though.

so let me ask you guys this, why do these so desirable??

seems to me the plasma Juliets are everywhere, and don't command that much demand, but the XX are the opposite. Are they just that rare?

Do you mean one release? They only made one run of them right? When was that? Late 90s?

Only sold from 1999 to 2003 I believe, please dont hurt them.

I've had them since new. Wish I would have thought about keeping the box but I do have the coin. I don't plan on letting them go anywhere.

The XX plasma/ice was a one-time run.
The other XX's were 2, 3 and 4 separate releases/runs.
As a result the marketplace is relatively flooded with 24K's, X metals and Ti02's.
24k's were serialized, then serial +A, then serial +B then no serial.
Ti02's were the serials and none and the x metals were the same.
For the other 3 colorways there were a sh*t ton made and just one run of plasmas.
If they aren't super-hateful I wouldn't deface an example of the rarest XX colorway IMHO.
If you had kept the box with nice lenses they would fetch between $500-600.
Without serial match box and nice lenses maybe $500.
Refinished maybe $400.

Back