• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would You Sell These Or Hang Onto Them?

CaptainClark

Oakley Beginner
Hornell, Ny
I have a pair of 24k XX that I purchased new. I'm not a collector by any means, but I see on the forum here that they
seem pretty popular. These have very slight wear on the tips of the stems and no marks anywhere else. Needs new earsocks as well. Being that I'm not a collector, I no longer have the box or coin. These are also non-serialized. My question - is it worth it money wise to sell them or should I just shelf them for a few years and revisit it at that point? They're
hot glasses for sure, but I think I'm kind of looking for a change....

At the end of the day, they're a pair of sunglasses. They'll never be worth tens of thousands of dollars. You're not a collector and unless they hold some significant sentimental value there's no incentive to keep them. They're worth decent money now, sell them and get something new to enjoy.

At the end of the day, they're a pair of sunglasses. They'll never be worth tens of thousands of dollars. You're not a collector and unless they hold some significant sentimental value there's no incentive to keep them. They're worth decent money now, sell them and get something new to enjoy.
Any clue how much (I know it would be a very rough guess) I should ask if I did sell them? It's tough to figure because the vast
majority here have the box and coin. I'm not looking to make tons of money if I do sell them - just enough to be fair to the buyer
AND myself...

Mint lenses and tight bridge I would guess you could get $350 for this pair.
I'd keep them unless you are really tired of them, if you change your mind in a year and decide to rock them again you wouldn't be able to.

Mint lenses and tight bridge I would guess you could get $350 for this pair.
I'd keep them unless you are really tired of them, if you change your mind in a year and decide to rock them again you wouldn't be able to.
That's a pretty good point - I do tend to change my mind about as often as I change my drawers...
Thanks for the insight...

Back