• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would you send a serial PENNY in good condition out to get refinished?

I would say no as long as the bridge are tight. If everything is loose a ten up is fine. I would not let it refinished if I don't have to.

I actually did. But the important question is not the would but the why I did it.

I never thought that I would be able to own a Penny but 3 years ago I was able to (a serialized pair) but not the X-Metal frame finish I always wanted being the movie X-Men what drove me to Oakley. Knowing full well that the Penny in my hand is the first and last Penny I can ever have in my lifetime so upon careful evaluation, I decided to have the frame done to X-Metal finish. The waste of a serial number is a very very small sacrifice to make compared to the satisfaction and happiness I feel everyday knowing that I got what I always wanted. (BTW I actually asked the guy who did it to swap the serialized stem to a non serial for free just to salvaged it but too bad he wasn't able too)

Back